History of Medicine Society
This scholarly program presents lectures on diverse topics by experts in the history of medicine. Lectures are free and open to Mayo Clinic employees and students, patients, visitors and the public.
Thursday, January 25, 2018
The Tsar's Doctor:
The Selfless and Devoted Life of
Dr. Eugene Botkin
Rafael E. Jimenez, M.D.
Associate Professor of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic
Leighton Auditorium, Siebens Building second floor
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Complimentary light buffet at 5:30 p.m.
Lecture at 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 19 - "The Mayo Clinic Collection of Wax Models." Presenter: Karen Koka, Mayo Clinic Archivist Librarian
- Wednesday, May 23 - "From Mayo Clinic to Vietnam: Memoirs of a Physician Serving in the War." Presenter: James V. Donadio, Jr., M.D., Mayo Clinic Emeritus Staff
- Monday, July 23 - Topic to be announced
- Monday, September 10 - "Where Healing Begins: How Art and Architecture, Systems and Spirit Create the Unique Environment of Mayo Clinic." Presenter: Matthew D. Dacy, Mayo Clinic Department of Development
- November date and topic -- To be announced